Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Really bad pain again

MelWMMelW Posts: 427
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Chronic Pain
These last few days I have wanted to pull my hair out. I can hardly concetrate at work. I am taking the max of my pain meds. I try to be positive but it is days like this that I just want to give up and wish this surgery had never happened. I know it does not help me thinking this way but I am so wore out from this pain.

I am a strong person but it takes so much out of me to sit in pain for so long. I think giving birth is easier, at least you know there is an end to the pain.

It is amazing how quick you can go from feeling half ok to feeling like you have been in a cage fight in no time. :(

• I am sorry that you in such pain. If I could I would be happy to take it away. we both know I can't so I am sending a {{{{{{{{{{{{ >:D< ))))))) Your way with a prayer

• yep-childbirth is definitely easier
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm sorry for the pain you're having. I understand how you feel and I wish I could help you. These bad days can hit out of the blue. Not just days but hour to hour it can become so miserable. Hope you soon get to feeling better. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you well.

• To top it all off, my PM will not refill my Flexeril.... Makes no sense to me. He just refilled my Percocet two week ago, enough for at least a month. I called and left a message to have my muscle relaxer refilled and they denied refilling it. Not to mention I am having a hard time getting my TENS unit, the insurance company wants the procedure and diagnosis code. So I call the PM/surgeons office and leave another message and they will not even call me back now. It makes no sense. Why would he refill my pain meds and then not my muscle relaxer?!?!?!?! Is this normal for a PM/surgeons office to be like this????
  • If I were you if you call the Dr office, end the conversation with "When can I pick it up?" I have done this and it only took once for me to follow through this way to get their attention. However they can respond different at times. Also aks questions why he is changing your meds like this This kinda sucks too it being the weekend. I feel your pain or similar all day long too.
    I do wish you luck and good thoughts ;)
  • I finally talked to my PM's nurse and she said they do not like to keep anyone on muscle relaxers for more than two or three months. Seems as though they do not like dealing with anyone for a long period of time, pre and post surgery and that seems to be about it. Since they can't seem to figure it out they just want to pass it off as chronic pain and send me somewhere to manage it. I know something is wrong, I am not crazy, even though this is all making me feel crazy. I have never ever had any kind of back or neck pain before all of this. Even before surgery I did not have neck pain at all other than when I tried to look up, the point of the surgery was to relieve my tingling and numbness, and pain in my shoulder and arm. This constant, horrible neck pain came after and I do not understand. I am so frustrated it just makes me want to cry like a baby!

I have an appointment with a massage therapist today so hopefully I will get some relief, even if it is only for a short period of time, I will take what I can get.
This discussion has been closed.