Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

And another one bites the dust.....

awalker819aawalker819 Posts: 164
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Water Cooler
Well after masking my last post about the issues in chat and how I wasn't going to be run off....I now have to back on my own word. Today someone personally attacked me, and made an attempt to jeopardize my livelihood...i.e. my job. Because of certain things mentioned in this attack, I know that this person was from SH, and will be passing the info along to the moderators. But to those of you whom I only get to see in chat I want to say best wishes, and good luck. I'll probably be a round to post on the forums, but this was surely the last straw in a line of harassment that I will be putting a stop to.

Take care and good luck to all!

• I rarely, if ever join chat, mainly because I am such a slow typer and get lost along the way. I am sorry and totally apalled that these types of things are happening. I truly don't understand, one of the main reasons I am on this site is to possibly help others, put a smile on their face for a while, etc. and also get help when I need it (gee, I hope I don't get made fun of now).
    best of luck to you in your ongoing recovery, Lisa
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    So sad that this happens here, what a waste.
  • Like I said in the other topic regarding chat. All of this mess started in yahoo and or FB. It had nothing to do with sh whatsoever. Now for some reason the people you all have chosen to exchange addresses with do live chats and what not are all having a fall out. Notice i say you all have chosen to be in contact with. Spine-health does not give out email address or personal information about members. So the information they have is based on things that are separated from spine-health. Like I said before the issues moved to where there were no rules, which was everyone's choice to do and they don't involve this site. But now the problems are coming back to this site. Spine-health does not encourage or have anything to do with members communicating out side the site. When you elect to do so you have no idea who any of the members are. If you want no more contact with those members outside of sh then it is simple block their names remove them from your list. But I question why this is now a problem of spine-health and the moderators? I read the log from todays conversations and it seems one member came in a accused another of doing something, away from spine-health. The measure in which was used to get back though was used through SH which I don't understand at all. Why would they not email them outside of here and handle it there, in place of open chat? For that matter wouldn't a pm served the same purpose although so it is not a spine-health problem was is it coming here to begin with. After all you all have each other's email address and many other contact details which is how this mess started. Those were decision each one of you made to communicate away from here, with no rules. All of this is getting old if members elect to go outside of spine-health and chat with whomever and people get hurt and feelings get hurt what would you propose spine-health do about it. The only issue here is when those problems come back into the chat here. I say keep them out there where they started and the means by which you all are communicating by. It the messages transpire inside sh no matter what took place on the other side we will only see what has been said here.

My biggest caution here is that if no one wants to get caught up in this kind of mess keep it inside sh and use the proper channels.
  • You are 100% right on all of it. I will openly admit that I made a mistake by bringing an issue into SH that did not belong in SH. I have PM'd you with my reasons for involving the mods. But my reason for posting on here was to let people that I talk to only on SH that I would no longer be in chat. That is all.
  • Howdy TamTam...

As you know, I am more of a "reader and poster", and try to help, and like all, sometimes ask for advise, support, help etc. I've been invited many times by many different members to join them in Yahoo or some other chat venue. To each of these I have turned down. Parts of the reasons is that I try to stay focused "here" on the issues "here", and outside chat though might be fun and engaging, detracts from what I go into chat for.

It is sad that now I am seeing some of the folks I so much enjoy chatting with now having problems as you described, and too what they have described. Hopefully this is just a small squall going through and things will settle back to what is "was" that drew all into SH chat. :-) For now I still go into chat, but when I feel ignored (mainly because folks were engaged in a particular convo, and I don't have a part of it) I scoot and go back to reading and posting. No harm, no foul.

I have not been insulted, hurt, attacked etc., but again, I only chat online here, so no outside info or emails to deal with. I do enjoy many PM's however. In closing Tam, I also fully agree with you that a lot of what I am hearing (err reading in the forums concerning this topic), much could or should have been cleared up in the PM mode. Have a great night!!! Thanks for listening.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • absolutely lost on all the problems with chat (I don't use it), but by the sounds of it i'm glad i'm lost and will remain that way.
    I find nothing but positivity and support on the forums and hope that continues for everyone.
    Have a great pain free day all!
  • It happens on almost every board I'm on.
    Someone says something outside the forum and it comes back to the forum or in the forum or is taken the wrong way.

Like my other boards, I'm here to learn and help and try to stay far away from the areas where I could get into trouble.

It's also so tough...when writing, things are written one way and intended another. It's so easy to mis-interpret something or read something in a way it wasn't intended.

Anyhow...I will wish those leaving the best in their health & recovery and those staying the same. I will also stay away from chat...just to be safe.

As they say "ignorance is bliss".