Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Very scared and worried!!

slrussellsslrussell Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Chronic Pain
I fell down a flight of stairs on Nov. 30, 2009. I fx my left hip an hurt my neck, back, and have this burning pain that is sharp when I sit, staind, or walk for to long that goes down my left leg. I was at work at the time I fell so I have been dealing with the workers comp insurance company. I am finally going to a back doctor on monday Feb 22, 2010! All the CT scans, XRAY's, and MRI's that they did in Dec came back s normal. I just dont understaind that because I am in so much pain that I spend most of my days crying and wishing to just die already. The insurance company is trying to force me to go back to work because the doctor that was treating me for my fx hip only said that my hip was healed enough to go back to work. I went back last week and after and hour or so the pain was so bad i vomited, so I couldnt go back, however, the insurance company said that because I refussed to go back they would no longer contuine my benifts. They have never even considered my back problems!!! I am worried what the doctor will say on Monday, I know I am hurting but I feel like the insurance company is just hoping that my back pain will just go away....I wish that too! I jut want to know why I am in this pain too, I am only 35 and way too young to have cronic back pain!

• Its unfortunate that sometimes we dont get the care or attention the we deserve. I know that our companies have all this money paid out for the security of its workers in case we may get hurt. Yet time and time again it seems they go above and beyond just so that they may be able to get out of paying any benefits. I dont think you mentioned an attorney, and If I were you I would consider gettting one. They know what to deal with and I understand I would be hesitant to because of their fee. But whats better no pay or 75 %? Ask yourself if you are placed under the scrutny table and diccected, would your own docs be able to find a problem. MRI's dont always tell the tale. SO just dont give up look into it. ANd you know theres always appeals on your own if you want to try it again. I had to go thru an attorney and I won, but i did give up a percentage. ALl though I was found out that i was fully disabled after that. So all was well. I hope that is not your issue. Good luck in all and keep us posted as to what happens.
  • I had a car accident on the way to work, so mine was Workers comp and Third party. Having worked in the insurance industry there is no way that I would deal with insurance companies without a solicitor. The sad fact is that if you are not represented you will get treated more unfairly as they work on the assumption that you don't have all the facts on your rights.
    I'm not saying that with a solicitor the insurance company will give you whatever you need, but they will think twice about what they are or are not agreeing to.
    I'm not sure how your workers comp works in the US, but I tended to go ahead and get the scans, see the doctors and have the procedures I needed and i'll worry about being recompensed on settlement. If you have to wait for someone to make decisions it can be painstakingly slow.
    You are definitely in the right place for support and advice though, there are people much wiser than myself who can point you in the right direct.
    Just remember you are not alone.
    Unfortunately, bad luck is indescriminate in who it picks and chronic pain is a sad reality but one you can learn to adjust to over time and continue to lead an adapted but rich and full life. You will have highs and lows, we are here for you for your lows.
    Well that's my essay for the day.
    Take care and let us know how you go with the docs appt.
  • I do have a lawyer thank God! Iwould never have gotten the appointment for Monday. I have not even thought of a settlement yet but my lawyer will get 20% of what ever settlement I get and he is worth every cent!! I do have a question that I am dealing with. I cant talk to anyone about. I am in so much pain every day (I just cant take it anymore) that I have been seriously thinking of just taking all my meds at once and just ending it all. I have never been emoshional but all I do is cry anymore. It hurts to see my family going threw this and there seems to be no end in sight. My question is what will happen to my family after I am gone? Will they give any settlementto them?
  • Suicide is NEVER the answer. Think of your family. I would mention this to your lawyer/attorney how you feel. This is all directly related to your injury. He needs to know.

In the meantime, in my signature I've listed several phone numbers for suicide hotlines. Even though you are only considering this and do not have any direct plan to do so, speak to one of the counselors. They are trained and will give you any support they can.

• I am so sorry to hear of your pain!

You need to talk to someone for sure. I am married and have two kids and as much pain as I suffer, I could never do that to them. I know you are in pain and it seems like that may be the answer right now, but it is not. My oldest son was just hositalized over this past summer for talking about killing himself. I hurts me when I hear anyone say they want to end it. Your family will suffer if you did take your life, that is not the answer at all. After my son got the help he needed, he saw life in a whole new light. His situation was a little different but he now thinks of things very differently. Please talk to someone, anyone. it is not good to have those thoughts, whether you would do it or not, thinking that way takes it toll on you and can really bring you down.

I am young as well, will be 30 in a few weeks. None of us asked for this pain we go through and a lot of people do not understand it. Are you married? Have you tried talking to your significant other? I know it is hard to talk to others about those kinds of thoughts/feelings but I talked to my husband about it and he started to really understand what kind of pain I was in and saw I was going down a bad depressed road and he begged me to talk to my doctor and I did and am so glad I did.

We are here for you if you ever need to talk!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    is the easy way out.
    You have to think about how those type of actions are going to impact others in your family.

Please look below my signature line for some Hotline numbers
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I beg you to think twice. I was where you are only a few weeks ago. Thankfully the people on this site made me realise the permanent affect this would have on my loved ones, THEY WOULD NEVER GET OVER IT.
    The money would mean nothing to them if they didn't have you there. (the short answer is no by the way)
    Are you on anti-depressant's, are you seeing a counsellor/psychologist? If not I implore you to do so today!!!
    Call the hotlines the others have given you.
    Also believe me it really helps to read through this forum and see what others are going through, it will put your pain in perspective, trust me on this.
    I stopped focusing on me and started focusing on how I can help others here and THAT is what's getting me through my black period.
    It's very easy when you are isolated to lose perspective. I'm not saying you aren't suffering, obviously you are or you wouldn't be thinking about this. I'm just saying when you have no-one to talk to things seem to huge to get through.
    Please PM me if you want to talk to someone, you are not alone.
    >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • I'm sorry you're having so much pain and no answers right now but don't give up as there could be an answer just around the corner. Please call the distress lines given in above posts or check in your local area inside the front cover of the phone book.
    Maybe you need a different type of MRI like a positional one and flexion/extension x-rays. Were your MRI's with contrast or without? It's best to get another opinion also from another Doctor.
    Go to your Primary Dr. and talk to them about how you're feeling and they can help you with medications or a referral to a Counselor.
    I hope the Dr. can help you on Monday with some answers for you so there's some hope up ahead. Is your Employer covered by Emergency Employee Benefits? I used them and talked to a Counselor online and they're available by phone 24/7. For more info send me a message if you want but in the meantime your despair is felt and I hope you can call for help if need be. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
This discussion has been closed.