Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Twice broke pelvis left chronic pain

ToshTTosh Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in New Member Introductions
Broke most every bone so far, but time does not diminish the excruciating pain of two pelvic fractures suffered eight years ago (broken three months apart; the second break on top of and to the side of the still unhealed one).

I have endured the gauntlet of treatments, including hydrotherapy, physical therapy, cortisone injections, accupuncture and accupressure, radio frequency injections, which were preposterous and likely bogus (though expensive), jars of anti-inflammatory prescriptions (none made a dent in the pain), low level pain medications that had no effect but frustration....and so it goes.

I cannot sit, stand, walk, or drive without pain. The worst of all is laying down to sleep. The least painful position is to lay on the side without pelvic fractures, on a sofa, with pillows propping me up straight, to alleviate some of the pressure and stave off the inevitable pain long enough, on good days, to get to sleep before doing so is impossible.

I went to a pain doctor, who charged me over nine thousand dollars for two painful procedures he claimed to be radio frequency treatments. They were preposterous shams, and I demanded some type of pain relief. He offered me a low level anti inflammatory,then suggested cymbalta, but would offer no other medications.

The injections have escalated my pain threefold. I am desperate to find relief; pain has become my whole life.
Where is there a doctor who empathizes enough to help me?

• sorry to hear you are in so much pain.
    I don't have any advice for you, I just want say this is the right place for venting and advice.
    Don't give up keep looking for a doctor who'll help. They're out there.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry to hear you are in so much pain. :( atleast now you are with others who are suffering as you are. please don't give up looking for a doctor. there is one who will be compassionate and caring for you. :D it is just up to you to find him. good luck! stop by anytime!! :D Jenny :)