Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hernia has anyone had this problem after lower back fused

ron prron p Posts: 39
Well I am 9 months after s1 L3-L4 L5- fused I have my feet & legs that tingles & feels like they are asleep all the time and now to top it off I think pulled or tore my gut getting up out of the chair I can feel something in my belly button going to the Dr. today now I have something else to worry about. has any one of you out there had that happend to you?

• Sorry to hear about the problems that you're having. What's happening is foreign to me, but I'm anxious to hear - what did the doctor say? Can you give us an update?

Hope there's nothing seriously wrong...

• well went to pain management Dr yesterday he said that I have a hernia and that it happens sometimes with back injury all muscles get weak after a while and a strain can happen well anyway Im going to the DR. that did my back surgery he will recommend me to another one that dose hernia surgery what a mess.I am 10 months out of S1--L3-L4-L5 FUSION WITH ALL THE HARD WARE AND CAGES
  • well they are working to scedule surgery workers comp and my lawyer and getting together on that the Dr.s said that HRENIA happend because of my injury what a mess just waiting on them.

• I am so sorry to hear of your problems. When it rains it pours dosn't it?
    Good luck with your hernia repair. Please keep us updated.
    Patsy W :H
  • I'm actually only a little over one month out of ALIF of my L5-S1 surgery and i found 2 hernia one at each end of the incision which hurt like crazy. I always have to hold the area for some reason. My Dr. said it happens sometimes when they have to go through the stomach and i shouldn't be worried about it unless it gets bigger! Do keep us updated and the Best of luck to you.
  • MariaChikisMMariaChikis Posts: 1
    edited 06/24/2015 - 4:18 PM
    My name is Maria and i would like to know with what doctor you went to because my spous is the same way he is in pain with an hernia and a deslocated disk and know one cant help him until now please help if any one sees my post.

No one here can name their doctors. There is , on left of page, an area to address need to look for doctor or look for clinic.
    Maria Rodriguez