Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Wish me luck...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Chronic Pain
We're headed to Vegas (Las Vegas Motorspeedway) for the Nascar race next Sunday. I am SO hoping it will be warm, my nerve pain and back really adore warm weather! I'm gonna try hard not to overdue things, I have had this glitch in my hip socket again and have not had time to go get the chortizone shots in it before we leave. I was trying to think if there was anything else that might help it. We usually walk a lot when we go, so I need to try not to overdue that either! I take my little Shitzu "Pedegie-Copter" aka Hedgie, or "The Cop" and we walk a ton! We had planned on leaving tomorrow, but there is some horrific storm approaching central and southern utah that is supposed to dump between 1 and 3 feet of snow, so we need to get our 40 foot rig over the mountain passes before that hits! Hope you guys all have a great week next week, or a better one at least. I am sure I will feel better in the warm sun of Vegas. I plan on spending a lot of time sitting out by the trailer, playing my guitar and sipping a few cocktails and just try and relax. I have been having so much more nerve pain since this weather here has been so cold and either snowing or raining and freezing temps. I so hope it helps to go somewhere warm. Take care buddies, I'll be back around March 2nd or 3rd!

• enjoy ! :)))
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • A fellow NASCAR fan!

I wish you a very safe trip and will keep my fingers crossed for beautiful, sunshining skies! I'm close to NV (live in AZ) and we generally share a lot of our weather. We have a chance of showers on Saturday, but Sunday is looking clear.

I've been following NASCAR since I was probably 10 years old. My dad actually worked at PIR (here in AZ) for a while, before he went into the Navy (and the Vietnam War). I am a HUGE fan of the Petty's... have pictures of myself with Richard (the King) and I collect the diecast 24 scale NASCAR cars. I have 4 signed by Kyle Petty, including a Hotwheels jacket he signed for me! We are also big Earnhardt fans. I could sit here all day and chat with you about NASCAR! Love the races and there is nothing like hearing the sounds of those cars whip by you and the smell of the track. When the announcer says, "Gentleman, start your engines"... I feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest! I have been to a lot of spectator sports (enjoy them all), but nothing gets my adrenaline going like being at the races. :)

I wish you luck with having minimal pain and have a couple of drinks for me! I miss my beer on NASCAR Sundays!!!! Once I taper down from these meds, I am looking soooo forward to having a beer and a mandarin cosmopolitan. :D

Have fun, Mouse!!!!

Tammy :)
  • Have a wonderful time!!!!!!!Jeannie
  • Have a great time and enjoy the warm weather. It must be so nice to get somewhere warm. Have fun. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    If I'm not too late. HAVE A GOOD TIME!!! Sorry the cold is effecting you so badly. I think you'll enjoy Las Vegas, and it should be nice and warm. And most R.V. parks I go to have hot tubs w/ jets!
    Good luck, Jim :D
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
This discussion has been closed.