Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

References for Orthopaedic or Neuro BACK surgeons in Arlington, VA vicinity???

mpain42mmpain42 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Would greatly appreciate any help with directing me to an Ortho or Neuro specializing in back surgery in Arlington, VA. Just now starting the process of getting serious and any insight or references would be great. Thank you all.

• HI there,

I'm not sure people can give references directly on the boards but I believe there is a search on here. I wouldn't say it's complete but would get you started.

IF there's someone on here that's in your local area, they are allowed to send a private message.

A few ideas on finding a doctor:
    - ask your primary care physician
    - ask your company if they have a health coach hotline that can recommend any (my company has one and they recommend based on proximity, coverage, they make sure they don't have any complaints, etc)
    - do you have any friends that are nurses or doctors or work in a local hospital? I have some family members that are nurses so they asked for me. In addition, I asked people I knew if they knew of folks with back conditions and was able to find names that way...from there, I asked around and was able to find people's thoughts on the doctors..
    - look at local hospitals for Neurosurgeon and/or Orthospine. I am told the key credential is to look for a fellowship trained spine doctor as they are the highest trained in the field.
    - make sure the one you find specializes in the area of the back you are having problems with...some specialize in Lumbar (lower back) and others neck (Cervical)...thoracic is rare so not sure what to suggest.

If you aren't sure about training...most have their CV (resume) listed on their medical group or affiliate hospital web site. I used this to help me understand their training and their ability.

I hope this gets you started.

I think there are folks in the Virginia area on here that might be able to help get you started.