Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can tailbone pain caused by a mild scoliosis be cured if i am still young?

LoodakidLLoodakid Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Lower Back Pain
One day my tailbone hurt very much while i was getting up from a seated position, and it has been this way for 2 months, so i decided to go to the docotr and get an Xray and it seems that i have a mild scoliosis to the left in the lumbar. My doctor told me to take Catafast (an anti inflamant) for the pain and said to meet him in two months. I am 15 years old. Will this pain eventually disappear or will it stay for years?? (Also the doctor blamed my horrible computer seating posture and told me to correct my posture and get swimming excercises) so in your opinions, will the pain eventually disappear? i am very afraid because i dont want to live with this horrible pain
More details: The day before the pain started i had climbed a mountain and i was extremely tired and fell some times but i never heard any crack or anything. Please Help

• Hi Lood-welcome to the site!Coccyx pain can be controlled by injections,I have had 2 in the last year.The last one was about 6 months ago,so far so good.Be sure to discuss options with your doctor--there is info on this site about coccyx/tailbones as well-look around and keep us posted!Jeannie
  • so is this gonna be forever, will i have to take treatments for life?
  • Usually if the pain is coming from scoliosis, it doesn't just happen overnight! If you've never had the pain before, I would think that it may just be bruised or somehow inflamed. If that is the case, after a bit of recovery, the pain should go away.

You might try taking it easy for a few days and applying an ice pack (or you can use a package of frozen corn or peas) to the area several times each day for 10 to 20 minutes at a time. If it is inflamed, this should help to take it down and take the pressure off.

• I had mild scoliosis growing up and seemed well enough to get by in life until my back injury at 47. I hope sit in your computer chair with a small dollar store plastic stool under your feet with a proper chair and do the swimming exercises. Some Physiotherapy centers have a heated pool with the Therapist to show you how to do the exercises. I hope you get better soon and no more mountains for awhile. I had a very physical job in my early 20's and kept fit with aerobics and weight lifting into my 30's then let myself go. I'm feeling better now and will continue exercising biking etc. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
This discussion has been closed.