Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5 weeks post acdf c-4/5

mcb1973mmcb1973 Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hello all,

i am hoping that someone has an answer, 5 weeks post surgery and still very soar, lifting head /off pillow, driving, etc.... how long before pain goes?

or gets better

• Hi Mike and Colleen. I'm almost 4 months post ACDF and I just started driving and let me tell you....its hurts like crazy. The pain with lifing your head off the pillow, of the back of the recliner - all of that type of stuff will pass. At 5 weeks, you're still in the beginning stages of recovery. Be patient - it will happen. Colleen.....I have grate, I mean great spelling too and I too say ITS THE DRUGS. LOL.

To be honest with you, there are still days that I have neck pain. Thank goodness, finally the muscle spasms have stopped.

How are you both sleeping???? That's one area I haven't gotten a grasp of yet. I have to take Ambien and a couple of nights it hasn't worked. I've learned that the day after those nights that I do not sleep well I cannot control the pain.

Take it a step at a time. You'll have a bunch of good day and then out of nowhere a few bad ones. Its all part of the process.

Let me ask you both a question. How is your throat? Mine hurts like crazy. Not like it did immediately post surgery. That was a different pain. For the last 2 weeks or so I've had really bad throat pain. I'm about to call my dr's office.

Be well guys!!!! One day we'll look back and say "remember when....." Until then, we can stick this out together and encourage one another!!!!

• hi yvonne-

speaking for myself, yes sleeping is up and down..... as for my throat it still feels weird if that makes sense!

gonna head to attempt sleep....

yes we will all recover!