Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

zen music

texascowgirlttexascowgirl Posts: 535
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
ommmmm ommmmmm----I am not a big music fan-that is,I don't listen to it in the car or at home--but as I have watched every episode of Law and Order,Bones,NCIS,Monk-(need I go on?)--I channel surfed.I did not know our t.v. provider offered alot of music only stations.I found the "zen" channel-it is great!I can leave it on at night to help me go to sleep.This evening I am sitting by the fire,and listening to the music.I get alot of headaches,so the heating pad is on my neck,cold rag on my head--well actually not at this minute(duh).---I haven't posted in a while,other than replying to other spineys.I am 7 weeks post-op ant/post fusion-I have been so fortunate in the fact I am doing well.I get around without much problem,and I am sore rather than in pain.I don't sleep well,as alot of us have talked about--in the mornings I can't wait for the double c's to kick in-codeine and coffee!Being house bound has gotten to me,but on the flip side,I have read alot,and painted-and time with my husband,dog,donkeys,and goaties.This isn't really going anywhere-just sharing with my spineys!

• Oh how I love music! I never would have made it through everything over the past 5 years,if it wern't for my Cd's, mp3's, cable tv radio, and internet radio. I could feel the relaxation occur, even in the worst of pain.

When my meds just didn't cover the pain, music got me through it, I recommend it!
  • My son sent me a photo of the "snow" in Austin that cancelled all classes at UT for tonight and they are not resuming till 10 a.m. tomorrow. It didn't even cover the grass!

On the topic of Zen -- I have three different CDs that are designed to prepare you for surgery -- they actually used one of them in a big study at Harvard and it was clinically proved that the patients had better blood pressure, less blood loss and generally came through surgery with less pain. The funniest thing is that several times they tell you "Do not listen to these tracks while driving." They don't relax me THAT much, but I suppose they are protecting themselves from lawsuits!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    can be very effective in helping control/manage your pain.
    Look into the Alternative treatments. You will find a lot of good information there.

I have been working on Meditation with specific music ( I generally use relaxing Thai music) As I practice meditation , each time I felt more relaxed and at eased.

It would eliminate the pain, but it can help reduce some flare ups, make it easier to sleep and more
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com