Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Got Unplugged Today

chileroxcchilerox Posts: 69
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Well, my trial ended this morning. The MA took off all of the tagaderm and tape and such, and asked if I was ready for her to pull the wires, and I said no... I wanted to keep it! She said too bad and pulled them anyway.

We were amazed how much was in there - I had a good six inches of wire going up my spine.

Even after a week I was still getting 90-100%. I was able to go off the pain patches and only had to turn the stim up a little to account for the extra pain. I was amazed.

We're definitely going for the permanent implant now, and they said it could be a couple of weeks or a couple of months depending on the insurance company and how soon the surgeon can get me in.

We hadn't even made it back to the hotel yet when I started hurting as much as ever. The surgery can't come soon enough. :-(

• So glad you had a good trial. Be prepared, your pain might seem a little worse than what it was prior to the trial. My opinion is that it's your perception, rather than it actually being worse. Try staying away from things that will aggravate your condition.

• That's wonderful you had a good trial!! =D>
    I am always happy to hear good news like this. You will have your life back again!!
    Best to you.
    Cheers :H
    Patsy W
  • It's too bad that infection risk means the trial has to end. I will pray for you that your wait is short.

You got phenomenal results. Remember that when you are uncomfortable in the next few weeks.

• I never dared hope that I would get results like that. I actually had trouble sleeping last night because I wasn't buzzing away. The limp is back, and I've got to say I didn't miss it at all. :-(