Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello all

tb25ttb25 Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:42 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hello guys,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is trudy. Like you guys I've had niggling back problems for a while, and I really want to put an end to it. I do tend to stick my head in the sand when it comes to medical things but I think I should get it sorted. It's great to find this forum, and I hope it will make me take action.

You'll be hearing more from me in the next few weeks.

Trudy

PS Anyone know a good diet and genral health forum. I can't find a good one, and there isn't much of that where I live.
advertisement

Comments

• I 'm sorry you have back problems also. I have always had diet issues but now losing weight and eating foods that have anti-inflammatory effects on the body some of which are pumpkin and orange juice. Pumpkin or Jamaican pumpkin or any orange vegetable like turnip can be boiled and mashed with potatoes. My Pain Management Dr. gave me a list of vegetables and fruit which are good for anti-inflammatory effects but I will write the list one day but right now I'm in a mess and can't find it. You can make an appointment with your Primary Dr. and get a referral to a Dietitian usually works out of the hospital. If you ever have to stay in the hospital you can ask for a referral to one. My PCP used to be a Dietitian before she became a Dr. and the first tip was write what you eat everyday and try to have 6 small meals instead of 3 big ones. Most important to take a multivit/multimineral tablet and drink a lot of water and watch portion size. I've lost 35 lbs. in 6 months and still trying to get fit. I wish you all the best and see you in the posts. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi and welcome
    If there anything we can help you with just ask.

Hoping you a pain free life

Jim
  • Hi Charry,

Thanks for the great advice. I've tried the pumpkin and orange. It's a strange taste for me, but I'll keep giving it a go.

You are right. I do need to see my doctor, but thanks for the great tips.

Trudy
  • Thanks Jim, I will

Trudy
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.