Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Finally .... some good news!!!!!

dehoyos13ddehoyos13 Posts: 290
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
<:P :)

FINALLY....after 3 1/2 months, I saw my surgeon today. The xray taken today shows that the bones in my neck are starting to fuse!!!!!

I went to see him because the pain in my throat is really getting unmanageable without Vicoden and needless to say, after this many months, I'd really like to be Vicoden free. I don't know if the switch off is great. I guess I'll see. Vicoden or Cymbalta and Neurontin. My surgeon says the pain is not directly related to the healing but is secondary to the surgery. He spent time explaining it to me, which makes me comfortable. It doesn't however, take the throat pain away yet.

but hey....I have cause to celebrate!!!!!! FUSION finally!!!!!

• Great to hear you're fusing! Err thought it says you need a Vicodn tree oops. Sorry to hear about your throat though I hope that gets better soon and you can get on with things. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • What good news! Must be such a relief to hear/know the fusing has started.

I have no advice on the neck/throat pain but sounds like your doctor is very good in trying to explain and listen to you.

• <:P

I'm so happy for you! I'll be even the littlest bit of good news make it easier to deal with that nagging throat pain. At least I hope so lol

• That is excellent news!!! =D>
  • Yeaa DE! I am so glad you got some good news,you deserve it!Jeannie
  • Andy....yeah, it helps some - even though I'm having to be silent. That's a plus for my husband anyway....LOL.

Jeannie, you're a sweetie! Gracias.

Charry...Vicoden tree? They exist???? LOL

Dnice....it is good to hear....really really good.

Sarajo - thank you.

sigh....its good to get good news! I have a 6 week wait on my throat. The dr thinks it might be nerve pain, hence the neurontin and cymbalta. But you kknow what? At this point I can deal with it because I'm elated at the news. Next week might be a different story. LOL...

again...thanks everyone!!!!!
  • Yvonne,

Excellent news! Glad to see things are finally going your way! Sorry about the throat, but hopefully that will resolve soon. Congrats!!!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.