Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help for all New Members

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
If this is your first online forum that you registered for it can be a bit akward navigating around. Even if you are experienced at online forums, this site is more unique in the fact that so many of the members deal with chronic pain and others are newer to the various set of spinal problems.

Many times I see the same question being asked again by a new member. The members here always try to understand that and provide answers.

I have also told newer members that instead of just jumping in to make a post, read for a while, get to understand how the site is configured and the flow of posts.

I also STRONGLY suggest that every new member becomes familiar with the Spine-Health Main Menus.
There is a wealth of information there. I have referenced those pages countless times about the same subject.

Please, take some time to look through the main menu. I have found that the Conditions, Treatment and Videos are the most informative.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• New members, I just wanted to add: please read the forum rules before jumping in. You'll learn things that are not allowed like double posting, posting physician names, etc., so when you do get to posting, you'll be well informed.

The forum rules can be found in the FAQ section.

• that the Spinal announcements section is at the bottom of the page.
    When I first started I didn't come to this section until much later as obviously I was looking for sections on lower back pain.
    9 out of 10 people who are looking for answers, don't expect to find them in a section called "Spine-Health announcements" as I presumed that to mean announcements about the day to day running of the site.
    I am now wiser and wish I had read this first it would have saved me some from some difficulties in the beginning.
    Having said that, I wouldn't want your job for anything in the world Ron, mods and authorities and you do a great job considering the pain you are in.
    I hope things settle down soon and you can focus more on yourselves.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    announced that the Spine-Health Announcement section would be used to broadcast information to everyone.
    We looked at doing it in the new member section, but many people dont look there as well.
    We have seen that the best coverage is from the Spine-Health announcement section.
    The one drawback is that while we tell everyone to read the FAQ's, so many new members never read that section
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • When I found out about my back problems I just went straight to the back surgery forum.
    What if when we (the general population) meet and greet new members, we direct them to FAQ's and Announcements section, would that help you at all?