Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Heart Murmur

tgbttgb Posts: 11
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I have been getting chest and jaw pain for quite some time now. I also have pain in both my arms and shoulders, but I feel it more in my left arm and shoulder, and at times I feel the pain in the left side of my face. My doctor said that I have a heart murmur and I am scheduled for an echocardiogram next week. My question is: Will the heart murmur go away? Also, I play Rugby, will the heart murmur interfere with Rugby?
Thank you for your time.

• Cassie,

We are not doctors here and no one is qualified to diagnose a heart condition over the internet. You said in your other post you had some other test done. If you are worried about a heart condition I would be having a serious conversation with your doctor. A few months back I had bad chest pains and went to the emergency room. They were able to provide the appropriate medical treatment there and diagnose the chest pains. Is there a reason you are not using the emergency room or talking about your concerns with your doctor? There is certainly noway anyone here is going to tell you wether or not you can play rugby as we are not doctors. This is a spine health web site. Do you have spine related issues? if so what are they? I know someone suggested to get a x-ray of your spine did you take that advice and what were the results? Did you talk to your doctor about getting a x-ray? My best advice on your situation is to discuss this with your doctor. You can also google heart murmur and find plenty of literature discussing it. Good luck with your search.
  • I am not asking for advice just some information, Someone told me to post in this section because someome else has chest pain like me.
  • tgb said:
    I am not asking for advice just some information, Someone told me to post in this section because someome else has chest pain like me.

I think what Tamtam is getting to is what you're describing is not, or has not been connected to a spine issue. Heart murmurs normally "aren't" brought on by spine issues. Since this is a "Spine-Health" site, we don't delve into unrelated issues.

As I told you in our PM, zillions have murmurs and don't even know it, and live till they are very old! If yours is severe, or limiting, I am sure your doctor will tell you. I had my own "murmur" heart scare growing up, redeveloped a new murmur, and though they keep an eye on it (for changes only), I otherwise would not know I had one! Good luck with your Echo next week. Take care.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.