Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

anyone hear crunching noises from their neck?

mcb1973mmcb1973 Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Just another nervous post, has anyone heard noises from their back of the neck area, my is like a hint of popping noise, i hear it when first picking my head up in the morning.
along with this i am experiencing a new pain just below my left ear when swallowing.....

Thanks to all whom listen and reply with similar experiences!

• first of all is your doctor aware of this? you have had this surgery very recently and need to communticate questions and concerns with your doctors. they get paid to answer all your questions. sometimes your "nervous" questions" can have some significance,so don't keep them to yourself.
    another question is are you "log rolling" to get out of bed?
    you shouldn't be just picking your head straight up from the pillow. ask your doc about that too. good luck.

good luck, rose
    acdfc4-7 aug 2007
  • Micheal,

Are you wearing a collar or brace of any kind? I agree with Rosita, don't be afraid to call your surgeon and ask questions. Unfortunately they really can't say before surgery all the pains you will feel but sometimes when patients call in they have the easy answer from it being asked by other patients calling in. Then sometimes the question might be one that the surgeon says, tell them to come in and lets get a x-ray. I had some noise as you are describing following surgery and that is exactly what they did had me come in get a x-ray and said all the hardware is good, not sure why the noise but all was good from the surgery. I was relieved to know all was good just had krack popple and snack setup in my neck. Let us know how you get along.