Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

curious if anyone has this problem

Hi,
It's been awhile since I've been here, and I surely do appreciate the feedback from everyone when I posted my first question here..to start, I am now 7wks post-op with a 2 level neck fusion and hip bone graft...Everything has gone almost as perfect as you can get..
However, (doesn't there alway's have to be a but in anything?)I'm having serious back pain that goes into both of my feet..at first my doc suspected it was sciatic nerve..then a week ago he had xrays taken, and apparently L3 or L4 is moving in and out of place...I'm trying to strengthen my back muscles in order to help..but this may lead to another surgery to fix..
My question is, have any of you had this problem and if so what did you have to do for it?

As alway's I appreciate any and all advice given!!
Here's to hoping all of you are having a healthy and fairly pain-free day!
advertisement

Comments

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
    I'm 5 1/2 weeks post op. And I had a XLIF minimally invasive surgery this time. And I have had the best results with this new procedure. And I would highly recommend it if you have to have a surgery. They can do fusion, TDR, and a couple of different others, that i can't recall right now.
    Type in XLIF or Society of Lateral Access surgery In the search box at the top of this page and surf around. The more you surf, the more information you can get.
    But I would only consider a surgery after all other options have been exhausted.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • I had C5/6 fusion in 1/08 and then a few months later had horrible spasms, etc. from spondylolisthesis of L4/5. Is this your condition? It is when a vertebrae slips forward off the one below it. Its a condition that causes spine instability and usually the treatment of choice if conservative therapy fails is fusion.

Best wishes,

Marianne