Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Operation March 3rd (L5S1 & L5)

LaurynBLLaurynB Posts: 8
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi guys,

Im all set for my spinal fusion and disc replacement surgery tomorrow! Feeling a little nervous and after doing so much reading of lists and other experiences I still dont feel prepared! Time to just relax and go with the flow me thinks :)

Im having fusion of L5S1 and the metal Maverick Disc Replacement in L5.

Feel free to check my blogspot as I'll be posting progress notes and photos regularly http://laurynspinalsurgery.blogspot.com/

Thanks for all your support fellow spineys

• Best of luck for the operation.

I had a ADR in L5/S1 in October last year and it has been a huge success. I am now virtually pain free.

Good luck and take time with the recovery...that's the most important bit (listen to your body!!).

Please let us know how it all goes and STAY POSITIVE
  • Good luck tomorrow.You will be in my prayer.Just be sure that you don't over do it when you get home.

((((((((((((( >:D< )))))))))))

• I wish you all the best for your surgery tomorrow.

There is a thread called 'March surgeries'. Come along and join us; there are quite a few of us waiting for surgery.
  • i wish you the best and great success with surgery
    go easy and don't sweat small stuff...
    go very slow and do what your told for speedy recovery
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Hope you are pain free afterward and in the long run get stronger. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Best wishes tomorrow...and the days to follow!
  • looking forward to hearing from you on the other side of your surgery.

• Wishing you well Lauryn with your disc replacement and fusion.

Hope the surgery is uncomplicated and that you wake up with good pain control.

Once you are on the other side, you can relax and let your body heal. By next week, the worst should be over.

We'll be waiting to hear how you are, once you are able to post here.
  • and seen that you are in the UK.

I am in Sussex. I will follow your story with interest. I think it is quite unusual to have a disc replacement in the UK.

Interested to read about your bowel prep, and wondering if I will need that.
    I have my pre-op tests next week, so I guess I'll find out then.

You will probably be at the hospital now. Hope that you are still feeling calm!!
  • Thinking of you today and hoping that your surgery and recovery goes well.

Looking forward to hearing how you're going when you're able to post again.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Just to let you guys know Im doing ok! :) Im getting stronger each day and virtually pain free in week 6.

Almost touching my toes which is fantastic after the fusion (ALIF) and disc replacement (ADR).

I was very lucky in that my surgery had no restrictions to movement afterwards (pain allowing) so Ive been able to see the results of the surgery fairly quickly.

Ive updated my blog with the blurb of journey so far.

Any questions on the surgery, dont hesitate to drop me a mail.