Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Cord Stimulator Causing Pain

rekeenfanrrekeenfan Posts: 11
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Hi All,

I had a Medtronics SCS implanted in July of 2009. The stimulation of my lower back/left leg is somewhat helpful, but I am having terrible pain from the battery, wire running up my back and the lead sites. I don't know if this is from scar tissue or spasms. I am still working, and purposely didn't use the stimulator during two week-long trade shows where I was on my feet 8 hrs a day. The pain from the stimulator and wires was actually much worse than my "standard" low back-leg pain. Has anyone had similar problems? I am seeing my PM next week, but I am seriously considering having the unit removed.

Any advice would be appreciated!!!

L5/S1 Fusion
L5 Nerve Root Decompression
Staph Infection
SCS Implant
Second SCS surgery due to incorrect lead placement

• you had them check and run tests to make sure everything is OK? I can't imagine having mine removed, so I would sure want to make sure there isn't something simple that could be done to help relieve the pain.

Something doesn't sound right if you had to turn it off for 2 weeks during a trade show. You would think you would have wanted to use it MORE than normal during that time.

Have you called your programmer to discuss this yet? Anytime I have a question or concern, I text my programmer and get right in to see her. Always helps and at the very least, calms my nerves.

Take care,