Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had fusion on C345 TWO years ago still in pain going to PM now for a year and a half all I get is epidural after epidural he tried doing facets no help what do I DO? I'm tired of shots and pills I told him I wanted another MRI but nothing from him yet are all MRI'S THE same I was told that you have to get the dye in order to see nerve damage is that true?I'm just tired of hurting all the time can't do anything I used to do I was active like 4 wheeling fishing or boating now I cant enjoy anything without hurting anyone have any advice PLEASE HELP.

• Hi Joe,

Sorry to hear you are still in pain and getting no results. What type of medications do they have you on? Do you still see your surgeon? As far as the MRI's go they can be done either way, but much clearer with the dye. Now for myself when I ran into problems my surgeon wanted a myelogram followed with CT. I did have a MRI without dye and it was clear there was something going on so he ordered up the myelogram. As far as the nerve damage goes have you had a emg study sense having surgery? That maybe another good test as well. Keep in mind sometimes with fusion surgery that adjacent disc disease develops. When they originally did surgery did you have any other issues on different levels that were left alone? Also did you fuse from the originally surgery and was that confirmed with a CT scan?

It is so hard to continue to be in pain. But you need to sit down with your pain management doctor and discuss your concerns about the pain. If he/she is willing to hear you out or work with you to be sure nothing else is wrong, then I would seek a new set of eyes. Do you have a primary? Is there any chance your primary could order test for you, just don't have them prescribe you any meds if you are getting from your pm doc. Having more than one prescribing doc on meds is a big red flag. Also you might try journaling your pain and taking it to your pm so he gets the idea you are serious you need some relief. You might also check out the list of questions in the FAQ section on meeting with a surgeon. You can use the questions to form your questions for your next appointment with your PM doctor.

If I can do anything don't hesitate to pm me. Take care and keep us posted.
  • I think you need a new set of eyes to look at you. Go back to your neurologist or orthopedist who originally recommended surgery. If they don't have some constuctive advice I would get an outside opinion. Too often the doctors are afraid to admit that the treatment didn't work.

Good Luck