Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Schmorl's Node...

jsirabellajjsirabella Posts: 311
I had my 2nd MRI and unfortunately my herniation at my L4-L5 is the same or a bit worse, estimated at 4mm. But the thing I found strange was in my first MRI they mentioned an incidental small Schmorl node at T12 endplate and now very prominent.

The doctor does not seem to care about this finding and they put it as a side note. Is it something to be not taken so seriously?

I wonder if it is the reason I get my pain in the T5-T6 area sometimes.

• According to my MRI, I have one of these in my lumbar area. I did some research on it and it does not seem to be a big deal. I know that I experience no obvious pain from that area.

From what I read they "usually" cause no symptoms and are just a sign of wear and tear of the spine. That being said, you should definitely bring it up with a doctor - especially if you think you are getting pain in that area. I can only advise you about what I've read online as my doctor never seemed to think it was an issue with me.