Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

left foot pain

cinhooccinhoo Posts: 27
Ive been having pain in my left foot, i was wondering if any of you had this too.i'm wondering if its related to my back? any thoughts would be helpful.

• hi there,

What type of pain are you having?
    Is it heal pain? Toe Pain, arch pain?
    Does it feel like cramping, weakness, numbness?

Are you noticing it hurting after doing any specific activity or when you first wake up?

Do you have back issues or sciatic nerve issues that you are already dealing with?

(Sorry so many questions but I'm not familiar with your background).
  • sorry i did'nt give enough info, pain all over the foot.the issues with my back are: sciatica left side
    stenosis, facet joint pain, i have a scs,for the pain. but the foot pain is new. its hard to walk on, but it does go away. i dont wear high heels, nor are my shoes to tight. ha ha!!
  • You may want to talk to your doctor.

Plantar's fasciitus is pretty clear...when you get up in the morning or sit for awhile, you'll feel like your foot is really tight almost like your heal is cracked, your arch tendon feels like it's going to snap, and sometimes like your big toe is 'locked'.

Having a history of back pain and issues there may be something more...I have nerve damage foot pain which is more heel to outer toe and then sometimes some sharp shooting pains.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.
  • Another tidbit I just saw posted in another thread
    Take a look at the "dermatome map"

I saw it in a doctor's office but Gwennie posted the name. It helps make sense of some stuff.

• lately i've been having spasm on the bottom of my left foot. i take vitamin d pill and eat banana a day
    do any of you have any thoughts on what this could be.
    my back history is scs implant, facet joint disease,
    bulging disks (4) left side sciatica,ddd.