Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

sdubecssdubec Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Lower Back Pain
Thought that my back surgery went well but as time went on it had failed. Now my back is in worst shape then before the surgery of the "Prodisc-L". I now need the help of a walking cane and I cannot walk, sit, run at all, bend or even stand without any pain. The pain doctor said that he cannot get rid of the pain but yet they will drug people up? I am not going to walk around like a zombie nor am I going to take 10 to 15yrs off of my life taking those narcotic's.

• sdubec

Sorry to hear your ADR, didn't work out for you. Have you talked to a Ortho or Neuro surgeon to take it out? I heard it can be done, a lot of bad ADRs are replaced with fusions. I wouldn't want to go thru life on pain meds either if I could help it.

Also what Level did you have the Prodisc put on? If you didn't know there is also another forum about ADRs, the links are below, they have a link you have to sign up to see it, but it has a lot of links of people on that forum that have had their ADRs fail. Some of the stories are pretty bad, but they had them corrected.

Good Luck ;)

http://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10130 < Problem ADRs you have to sign up above to view.
  • i did not need to hear this ..and i am so sorry that your surgery has failed .please be careful when you go to have it removed .as its life threatening surgery
  • Well, this is most interesting. I was scheduled for a pro disc C on Wednesday of this week. I had researched and heard nothing but good about the pro disc versus fusion. Blue Cross has now, 2 DAYS BEFORE, denied my surgery. I'm beside myself. My only options are fusion, appeal my claim or live with the pain. I opted against the fusion because my doctor thought it would cause more damage. I have 2 bulging discs. The reason Blue Cross denied me was because my bone scan was a point over what the FDA approves. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ooops, new to the forum and I guess I picked the wrong subject as I'm writing about the upper neck area. sorry
This discussion has been closed.