Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

talia22ttalia22 Posts: 15
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Recovering from Surgery
OK sorry i have no idea where to put this question but i had my surgery on the 15th of Jan and that is also the first day of my last menstrual cycle. I missed this month and still havent gotten it. i am usually pretty on time with it..But i was wondering if this is normal and happened to anyone else?

• It is not uncommon to have many different systems affected by general anesthesia. Hormones are most definitely affected. I wouldn't worry about it. It often takes a couple months to get over all the effects of anesthesia. You might ask your doctor just to be on the safe side...but being a surgeon, he probably won't have a clue!!
  • All of the stress that comes with surgery can mess with your cycles. I would just give your body time time to adjust and get back to normal.

Take care, Lisa
  • I've had exactly the opposite situation. Being per-menopausal, I've been extremely irregular the past couple of years. More often than not, I don't have a period. Since my surgery, I get a period like clockwork every month. Obviously, the surgery affected my hormone levels. I wonder how long the effect will last...
  • I missed mine the month after surgery. I had actually just finished prior to surgery. The trauma to my body brought it back, then skipped a month.
    Herniated discs & DDD at L4-L5 and L5-S1; ALIF L4-L5 & L5-S1 on 1/10/2014;
  • Is it possible you could be pregnant? My cycle didn't get messed up but in am always extremely regular (except when I was going to the pain clinic for steroid injections - that messed me up and gave me an ovarian cyst!)