Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Here I go again

jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Pain Management
What else could go wrong? I finally found a pain Dr last month that I really liked. I see her this month and she tells me she is leaving the country and closing her practice at the end of the month. Why did she take me on as a new patient? I mean this is a decision you dont make overnight. Here is my concerns. I left my previous pain doctor due to financial reasons (facility fees) and switched to her....is this going to make it look like I am Dr. shopping? I dont have a clue who to go to now. At least she will be here for the first few weeks of recovery after surgery but I am at a loss loss as what to do. My concern is the DR shopping.

• Maybe this doctor's office will give you a letter for referral? They could explain the situation.

Best wishes,

• Is she closing the practice all together or having someone else take it over. I had a very similar situation with my mom. A day after we seen him we got a letter in the mail stating he was leaving the practice but it did give another doctor the files were being transferred to. But I say before you go to surgery you work these details out up front, so there is no issue covering you pain wise. It takes a few appointments for a doctor to get to know you. From what I have seen here most doctors don't like to prescribe the heavier meds to a patient when they first meet them. If you start now and see a new doctor you can prove your point by saying i really don't need any meds right now but just need to get this taken care of up front and not during a time you need to recover. Maybe something to the fact that as you know surgery is hard enough to recover from. Keep us posted.
  • I'm sorry to hear this. I saw my 3rd PM Dr. and she seemed to grill me why 2 Drs before her? I finally said one was very rough and another was a 2nd opinion but because of distance I preferred to see her now, I hate Dr shopping but it seems best to find someone to help you. Maybe she has someone she knows to refer you to? I hope it works out for you and find someone good to see. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN