Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

aka_angelic37aaka_angelic37 Posts: 39
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well I have finally been scheduled with my Neurosurgeon at the end of this month....Hopefully my surgery date will be shortly after :-)I have been waiting 10 years to hear a doctor say that I am a surgical candidate!

• Hi there and welcome,

What's bringing you to the NS? Neck pain, back pain, leg pain? What have you tried to help?

I hope your appointment goes well.
  • Good luck with your Neurosurgeon appt. Sorry you had pain for 10 years. What was your diagnosis? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thank you ladies! I have actually been in pain for 18 years but the last 10 years have been horrible...I was involved in a roll over car accident and have a burst fracture at t-12, have ddd, facet arthritis 4 herniated discs, bone spurs,sacral cysts which i believe are caused from getting injections in my tailbone for so long and other stuff, so i am very excited to be getting a spinal surgery to alleviate some of this pain, and hopefully get off of this vicodin.....I will keep you all updated after my app....
  • good luck on your appt. car accidents are not nice as most here will agree!
  • No, car accidents are NOT nice! The actually kind of suck.

How come it's taken so long to be a surgical candidate? What things besides the injections have you tried? What are your symptoms?

Don't trust too much in surgery to alleviate pain. It kind of depends on the pain -sciatica or back ache etc. Also make sure you get multiple opinions. There is never any going back after surgery and complications do happen. It's ten times worse if you think you could have/should have done something different to better your outcome.

Good luck on your apt.!
  • Hello DNice :-)

I have back pain....I have tried all of the conservetive measures over the years with little success, and have been waiting for a doctor to finally tell me I am a surgical candidate....
  • I have had sooo many injections and PT over the years but those are only temporary, I think my age stopped me from having surgery. I am at my breaking point and I can NOT live with this pain anymore, my quality of life is very poor as I am in constant pain, as I know you all understand and know too well! :(

I hope that a surgery will at least alleviate some of this pain....
  • Initially I was a little concerned that you were thinking that surgery was going to cure your pain. Then your last post you added: I hope that a surgery will at least alleviate some of this pain....
    I do hope surgery will help with your pain, but unfortunately there are no guarantees. Keep us posted and best of luck to you.

• LOL! No I know it wont cure me but it will help me deal better cuz the pain is ALWAYS there and I am at the end of my rope....Been living like this for far too long....Hoping it will alleviate some of it tho....How about you? How is your pain level now? I am just worried cuz its mostly in my thoracic spine and most surgeons wont touch you... but the pain is from t-6 thru l-4 right around there anyways....