Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Remembering a favorite show

MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Lighten and Brighten
For those of us as old as dirt (like me) ... I just found the first season of St. Elsewhere is available for online viewing via the IMDB website.

It brings back good memories of my times prior to being a patient.

Hope some of you can relate and enjoy! It was such a great show!

Spine-Health Moderator
Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,878
    That was one of the first 'real' hospital TV shows..
    A much more advanced look at the medical hospital when in the past all we had to deal with was Dr Kildare and the likes of those shows.

Think of some of the stars that were on that show:

Ed Beagler Jr.
    Howie Mandel
    Denzel Washington
    Mark Harmon
    Ronny Cox
    Helen Hunt
    Tim Robbins
    Alan Arkin

To name only a few. It is amazing to see how many of those actors/actresses from 1982 had St Elsewhere a spring board to their careers

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • To become a Nurse. I'm having problems though with my computer and not able to watch any videos not even you tube. I changed to firefox and can't get quicktime it needs to run those shows. That was the good old days. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,878
    I have Quicktime installed on all of my computers which use Mozilla Firefox as the default browser.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • When that originally aired I wouldn't watch it figured it was about people being sick and dying, so I opted out of it. But when it came up on re-runs and I was home recovering from hand surgery I gave it a go. Dang I missed a good show while it was airing. Funny how things change I would have never watched anything medical years ago and now I watch a lot of it.
  • I was too young to watch it when it was on, or too young to really care to watch it, lol, but I remember my mom never missed it!! She was an RN (now retired). We have a channel that plays all the good old shows, and they just brought St Elsewhere on, so I actually started to watch it a couple of weeks ago. I was amazed to see all of the now well-known actors on it that Ron mentioned, and how young they were!! And Howie with all his curly hair, LOL. Anyways, now I'm hooked!!! (and I remember watching Dr Kildare as well!!)
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own