Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

acdf c5/6 5 months post opp

swaynesswayne Posts: 42
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi all, well im almost 6 months post opp and no diffrent to what i was before surgery but so glad i had my surgery because i could of got so much worse without surgery,
however my n/s has told me there is nothing more to be done and the white line on my scan is damage to my spinal cord which will not repair so if anybody has been told they need surgery GET IT DONE ASAP,
im also showing signs of c4/c5 herniation so i said GET ME IN THEN but my n/s said its not needed yet but when it is il jump at it.
my symptoms are
NECK PAIN
SHOULDER PAIN
LOW ROM IN NECK
ARM PAIN
HAND PAIN (TROUBLE HOLDING AND GRIPPING)
LOWER BACK PAIN AND HIPS
LEG WEAKNESS
RIGHT FOOT PAIN
HOFFMANS REFLEX
BRABINSKIS REFLEX
VERY BRISK REFLEXES
NERVE ITCHING HEAD AND FACE
EYE LIDS TWITCHING
CHEST MUSCLES TWITCHING
AND MANY MORE IVE FORGOT ABOUT
im getting pretty bad on my feet poor balance and falling over alot MOST OF THESE SYMPTOMS WOULD HAVE GONE IF THEY FOUND MY PROBLEM SOONER
sorry to go on but people need to hear what can happen if
surgery is not done, thanks everybody swayne

advertisement

Comments

• Most of those symptoms I had before my surgery. I am also glad I had it done.

Best wishes,

Marianne
  • Good afternoon all.I also have most of those symptoms.I have had 3 adcf surgeries.I had c4 c5 done and it didn't fuse,had it redone and then c5 c6 about 10 yrs later.I don't feel any better now than before my first surgery,but I don't regret them at all,I really don't know what kinda shape I'd be in if I didn't have them done.Now I just manage my pain and keep chugging along.Peace and love everyone.Mark