Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Strange sympton?

pcutlipppcutlip Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I have been told by 2 doctors this and I wanted to know if anyone at all has this same symptom.

I can't handle anyone pressing in the area of my back with DDD. It is extremely painful. I thought it was swelling or something going on back there because it isn't an everyday thing. Some days it can be pressed on with little discomfort but other days, the slightest of pressure just takes my breath away immediately. My surgeon and the quack I saw yesterday from a pain management clinic said that it wasn't normal for me to be that tender for my problem. That is when the quack started yelling at me and said he couldn't help me.

Anyone else have tenderness at the DDD location/s??

• First of all a good PM Dr would never yell at you.His job to to find souce of the pain.A good Pm Dr Is willing to talk to you and listen to what you have to say. It might not be DDD and it could be something else. So if i was you I would be looking for a new Pm Dr.
    I had to go threw 5 Pm Dr to find mine. This DR was heaven sent.

• Hi,
    I know exactly what you mean. There are times that I could just punch them in the eye for touching that area, or jump right off the exam table. I threatened a chiropractor once, he never touched it again. LOL! Then the mix time nothing. Makes no sense to me how something can be so super sensitive, then it don't matter if they touch it. Weird! Good thing is my physiatrist understand this condition. so it not just us.
    Bobbi Jo
  • DDD hurts in some cases! I have been on disability since I had a herniated disc and annular tear. My 2nd MRI showed only DDD. But I have the same pain!I've had and received some facet, S1 and an epidural with some relief. But I'm still disabled. You have to find a Dr. who will respect and listen to you. Yes I have tenderness at the DDD site. I hope you can find a PM Dr. to help you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN