Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help with Pain Management in Cincinnati Ohio

jdl1981jdl1981 Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 1:42 PM in Pain Medications
I just moved back to the USA from living in Asia. In 2006 I was in a very bad accident in Thailand. I was walking across the street and was hit by a large van. The accident broke my hip and my lower back. I have since had a hip replacement and my back cannot be fixed. My problem is I have no insurance as I am self employed and getting insurance with a preexisting condition is impossible. I cannot get a doctor to help me with pain management. I have been under the care of a pain management doc in Singapore for several years and I have letters from him to a doctor here. I have all of my films and past prescription bottles. I had been taking 60 mg of Oxycontin per day. It was quite successful in controlling the pain. I am not set in stone on continuing that medication though. I am open to new ideas from a different doctor.

Does anyone have any suggestions. I cannot get any pain management facility to see me as a self pay and I can't get a doctor to help me either. I have been to the ER, Urgent Care and a family Doctor. No I have not been fishing for doctors but trying to get referrals for PMC's. I am at a loss here. I don't know what to do. I am in unbelievable pain every day and no one will help me. Please if anyone has any suggestions please give them. I am desperate to find a doctor that will be willing to help me.
advertisement

Comments

• Offer to sign a pain management contract including intermittent completion of questionnaires and urine drug screening to assure the clinician that you are not using illicit products or diverting your prescriptions. Consider complementary acupuncture.
  • I found this thread for you in the Health Insurance forums. I hope you can find someone to help you out. Take care. Charry
    http://www.spine-health.com/forum/health-insurance-issues/no-health-insurance-and-teaching-hospitals
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thank you for the advice everyone. I am currently on the waiting list for treatment at the local teaching hospital but the wait is approximately 8 to 14 months.

I have offered the pain contract and urine test approach. I have nothing to hide so I have no problems with drug testing and I will gladly only use one doc as long as I can find one to help me, But the pain docs still say no self pays. I am very frustrated about this. It is hard being in terrible pain every day and not be able to do anything about it.