Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

am i supposed to be crazy exhausted two weeks post 2 level acdf???

aardvark85308aaardvark85308 Posts: 52
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I've been out for two weeks, but can't seem to keep my eyes open long enough to even write this email....is this wuy no work for long?

• Just listen to your body and rest when you need do. Maybe reduce your med intake slightly if you feel you can tolerate it. I'll keep it short, don't want you falling asleep during a long post. :D
  • Not unheard of...you are probably not sleeping as well at night as you think. Your body went through surgery and you are on meds. Enjoy guilt-free sleep.

I'm 4-weeks post op of MicroD and still need a morning nap and I'm taking only 1 narcotic pill/day max. I just enjoy that I can indulge in a nap without feeling guilty.

I'll let you go rest!
  • I am 10 weeks post anterior/posterior spinal fusion,and I still get tired-not like I did,but it takes awhile!!!!rest when you need to!
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    I can tell you that exhaustion post surgically (back or neck) is common. And I find at 5.5 weeks post lumbar fusion I have days where all of the sudden I can't stay awake (and it's not from the medications as I seem to sleep through dosages). I had this happen after my neck surgery as well. I think your body is just requiring "down time" and rest to recovery. So go with it!
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • I think being so exhausted is normal. I am almost 4 months post op and back at work for almost a month and I still tire easily. At the end of the work day, I am worn right out. Still not sleeping well. Ambien here I come. Enjoy it while you can!!

• The irony is its 3am and I'm awake;)

Thank you all for your inputs! I feel normal now, which is good!

A weird thing happened tonight tho; the doc cleared me.for short outings, so we.l went out to dinner! I had my meal, but had been feeling a pain building in my neck the entire time. Not having support for my head the entire time was horrible. By the end of dinner it was excruciating....that is not something ill be doing again soon!!!

Anyway, I may as well stay awake till 4 am as that is the next med time.

Thank you thank you thank you so much for your words of support.....you are truly wonderful people!!!

Your friend,