I've been thinking for a while how to phrase this, but gave up and thought i'd just write it out and see if it makes sense.
Since i've been reacquainted with SH forums I have been amazed and humbled by the collective knowledge of everyone in the forums.
I was a nurse for 12 years, I haven't nursed for around 11 years so a lot of my knowlege has been "misplaced" in the fog that is my mind. I worked in anaesthetics for 8 years, but my last 2 years of nursing was on a neurological/neurosurgical ward.
I have to tell you the collective knowledge of the SH family has amazed and impressed me, even when I was nursing i'm sure I didn't know anywhere near as much as some of you here (Gwennie is one that instantly comes to mind, but there are many others).
Through this site I have learnt:
- there is no such thing as you can't know enough
- kindness and compassion is still alive and well
- there is always someone worse off than you
- there is no such thing as giving up hope
- when you are at your worst is when others are at their best
- a problem shared truly is a problem halved
- acting like a rambling idiot is acceptable in some places
- humour at times truly is the best medicine.
Thankyou all for showing me it is better to give than receive and a little perspective goes a long long way.
Okay got that out, end of rambling session.
Forever in your debt