Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Good new for j.howie

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I saw the surgeon for my early 8 wk. check up and the scs ipg. The new ANS rep was there also. As for the XLIF surgery, Everything is healing good and I saw the white cloud. (fusion is started) And from there the rest just got better. He lifted my 5 lb. restriction to 20 lb. And the scs ipg had come loose from the anchors in the pocket and was tilted up and inflamed. So they have put in for insurance to do the surgery and while they are at it put a smaller, better battery in. That's supposed to last 10 yrs. I told the new ANS rep that they never could get the paresthesia where I needed it. So she said she would try to program it. She soon found out that some very complicated mistakes were made. The other rep was trying to program it for leads that I didn't have. And the leads were connected on the opposite posts, that they should have been. So she successfully got 3 programs that would work for me now. And will reprogram it again after the surgery and when all of the nerves settle down from the fusion surgery. And to think that I had almost given up and had them just take it out. I'm so glad I decided to call her! Oh, and the surgeon lifted my driving restrictions for now.
All in all a verry good day for me!
Jim :D
ps. I may have a pair of ruby red pumps for sale! =))
Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!

• I am so happy for you Jim! See there and you thought it was as good as it will get. Just goes to show you that there is always hope.

Good luck and I know that you will keep us posted.
  • Jim,

It is finally starting to look up for you. Most excellent! I am so happy for you. I love when good things happen to good people! Take care. *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • So glad to hear you've gotten a bunch of good news! May it all be good new from here on out. :)

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • That is excellent news. On all fronts. I have found that it is actually fairly common for the leads to be hooked up to the opposite post than expected. It's no big deal function wise, but can be a big issue programming wise if your rep isn't quite on the ball. Mine are reversed, and one of the first things the rep did was place a note about it in my IPG programming in case I see another rep.

Getting a newer and better IPG will be fantastic for you! Plus it will save you from needing surgery sooner to replace it. In essence you get a clean slate to start with again.

Very cool.

• You sound soooo much more perky and positive. Nothing like sunshine to brighten those dark clouds.
  • Wonderful news. I'm so happy for you.

xx Gwennie
  • where the Red Pumps story came from, I feel like i'm missing out on a really funny story!
  • YAY Jim!!!! it's great that you have some good news. And a rep who knows how to program!! I am very happy for you. I might need those ruby pumps soon :)

• You couldn't have wished for better news !! Terrific that you're starting to fuse and now driving too. Hope you get the SCS issues sorted out soon.

Very happy for you Jim.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008

• What great news Jim.
    Here comes your 'new improved' life on the horizon.

Do let me know when you put those red pumps on Ebay, I want to bid for them!! They will be just what I need as a fashion statement to go with my TED stockings!

I hope you have small feet! :D
  • Dear Jim,

Marvy news, my friend! :)

What an answer to prayers. I was really worried about you... and I now feel as if a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The new IPG will be great!

How about those restrictions being lifted? How kewl is that? I didn't expect that news for another 2 weeks! :)

Once you have the surgery and get reprogrammed, you will be a hard one to keep down. I'm tossing my catelog of jet-packs I was looking at for you, as you won't need those at all. (Darn, the one pack had gold sequins which would have been darling with your red pumps. Oh well, this news is better than a jet-pack any day!).

I'm just thrilled for you. :)

May the weather be beautiful for you this weekend!

Hugs, hugs, hugs...

Tammy >:D<
  • Such a great update! Congrats and enjoy knowing that the worst is behind you!
  • great news!!!!!you deserve it!!!!!!
  • Congrats Jim! you were due for some great news! Goes to show the awesome power of prayer! I'm so happy for you!! YAY!

JellyHall and I may have to share those red pumps! I think they would make quite the fashion statement for me when walking into physical therapy!
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    from the valley. my wife (Patti) and I try to squeeze everything in that we can when we go down.
    Thank you all for the encouragement. "C" a special thanks to you for helping me out with the scs problems. If it weren't for you and all of you positive posts about scs units. I probably would have gave up on it a long time ago. =D> And now it finally works!
    I think they are only going to get to cut me one more time. And then all I have to put up with is the old chronic pain from the nerve damage and the failed fusion. And I think I can do that standing on my head. I could probably fool myself into thinking I'm half a$$ed normal! =))
    Jim :D
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • GREAT news Jim !! <:P
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • That is such great news Jim, I am really happy for you! :)))
  • That's lovely news Jim. =D>
    You are getting your life back and that is the most wonderful news!! It's been a long rough road and a long time coming!
    Now get busy with your life!!
    Sending a happy hug to you and Patti >:D<
    Your friend
    Patsy W