Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

? for all denied ssdd

starsinhereyessstarsinhereyes Posts: 583
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Health Insurance Issues
hi spineys
need help just got my denial letter ssd the reason they say is this"you do not qualify for disability benefits because you have not worked enough credits to qualify,we did not make a decision about whether you are disabled under our rules.
i had enough credits in sept8, they say
i worked 2 part-time jobs which i had to quit one due to very hard to do both wanted 30hrs..i work both jobs at 60hrs a wk for long time..
i kept my one part-time job thru june of 09 last time i worked..
is this a standard denial letter most get??
not sure if i have a chance to appeal if they say don't have enough credits???
what would you all do??this all new to me?? they responded fairly quick maybe a month...
thanks sorry so long again
ya know me i'm a rabbler
neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
daily goal do good thing for someone.

• Mary,

You might want to post this in - Health Insurance Issues - section. While the name sounds more like regular health insurance. Most of what is in there is WC and SSD claims issues and coverage. Read through that section. I doubt you're the first to be told this.

• thanks zoe good to know just have no brain left here
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Please contact jeauxbert. She worked for SSD for 10 years and will be able to answer your question. Send her a message and I know that she will be glad to help.

That is not a standard denial letter.

The fact that you don't have enough credits after working 60 hours a week does not sound at all right to me but contact jeauxbert to be sure.

Good luck.
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Consider getting an SS attorney if you were told by SS at one time that you did have enough credits and they later denied you for not enough. A reputable SS attorney will take the case and only be paid if you are awarded SS. If you do decide to get an SS attorney get together any SS documents you have, including the one you should be getting yearly. Every person who is working and paying into SS gets a summary of eligibility once a year about 6-8 weeks before his/her birthday. If you did not receive one or can not find yours you can check www.ssa.gov
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • I would get a copy of your Social Security Earnings Statement. This will tell you how much credit you have earned during your working history. Here is a link:

Also, on www.ssa.gov, have you checked to see if you qualify for SSI?

Best to you,

• I think the problem here is Mary they don't identify wether one job was the full-time job and the other the part time job. Now if you can list your disability date going back to the date of the end of your full-time job and the income you made from the part time job is under the threshold you may have a chance. I think the dollar amount is $980 per month. So say for example you left your full-time job on jan 1st and worked the part time job till june 1st but only earned a total of $500 per month. You could list your disability date as jan 1st and you may qualify like that. As most say it is best to seek counsel on this as your case is going to be rather complicated that you continued working and I think only a attorney is going to get through that loop. That is just my opinion though.