Sooooooo after last nights events it has me wondering if i should be forcing myself to go back in to a doctor for my neck.
back in the late part of october, I fell and somehow managed to herniate a disk...c-5 I believe. I had an mri done, and other than the disk that the doctor pointed out there's the beginnings of degenerative? disk issues and all that lovely puckey.
well, I don't like him bc he has horrible bedside manner and was talking down to me like I was disagreeing with what he was saying when I never gave any indication that I had disagreed with him, and he just said nastily after I calmly repeated that I agree with him that this is serious that if PT doesn't work that he's putting me in surgery.
So I signed the papers...started PT. Half way through it, I began to get really sick from the pain...some how I was getting worse? It became so worse that I couldn't finish it, and couldn't go through with the last session I went to about a few months ago due to nausea and skull splitting headaches and lack of mobility.
As the last few months have gone by, I felt like it fixed itself to where it wasn't killing memy neck worse. At some point I felt a real big pop in my neck and it began to feel better from there.
Wellll, last night I was messing around with my hair deciding on how short I was gonna cut it, and I moved my neck so I could flip my hair behind my shoulders without using my hands and then I heard and felt that really loud pop again and within half an hour I had nausea, skull splitting headache stemming from my shoulders and neck up to the top of my head, moving made me want to vomit, my hands felt tingly and all that.
I managed to weeble my way to the bathroom to let the water hit my neck. I knew that if it were my neck that the stream and heat would make it ease up a bit and sure enough I was right. I have left over anti-inflammatories so I took one of those, which helped further.... But still had the headache, although a slight one and that sensation I had had when I first messed up my neck.
Today...it's mild but this has me wondering if I should be calling my primary to be referred to a doctor. If i'm gonna be feeling like this again what should I do? I don't want it (surgery) to ruin my summer and I have a lot of plans since last summer it was all post poned due to a surgery un-related to this.
At the same time I know I should probably get help cuz it's probably going to get worse. Being the tomboy I am i have the thought about trying to go climbing on the rocks and falling during a camping trip or something.
So should I wait, or do it now
I'm just wanting some opinions from others
I have my own opinions, but not sure which one I should lean towards....ya know?