Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Foster Doggie

lisa burekllisa burek Posts: 855
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Good News
Hi All,

Its always nice to hear some good news, so I'll share mine.

The foster dog we took in 11 days ago has already found his forever family and is being picked up this afternoon. It is amazing how much he has changed in the short time we have had him.

He's a big bluetick coonhound, and right now he and my other coonhound are napping together on the same dog bed. We will miss him, but he is going to a family with 3 young kids who will give him all the love he craves, and he'll give them hugs and kisses in return.

Fostering is tough, but so worthwhile. My husband became so attached to "Tommy Boy" that I arranged for his pick up so my husband won't be here, he'd just be a big crying mess.

So I am already trolling through the 11th Hour Rescue website for a new foster.....

Have a great day everyone,

• Great story I love happy ending.I wish I could do what you are doing for dogs.My problem is I couldn't give them up. So far last year I took in 3 stray dogs.and I love them to death.
    Keep up good work

• As I recall, you have 6 dogs don't you? Three strays in one year, good for you for giving them a loving home.

Everyone is sad to see Thomas go, but as fosters (this is new to me), we have to look at the big picture: we gave him love and took care of him at our house, making him more "adoptable", rather than living in the tiny space at the kennel waiting for a new family.

There's a lot of people that can't give up the dogs once they foster, its tough on the emotions. I'm just so happy he found a great home to be a member of.
  • Yes I do have 6 dogs.And I love them all the same. But I am still glad their people like you out there.
    So keep up great work.There a special place in heaven for people like you.

• Thanks for that last comment, you made my day!
  • Lisa, that is marvelous! Thanks for sharing the story here so all of us could smile. :)

Add me to the list of those who thinks there is a special place in heaven for those who can foster. I do volunteer work with a local cat rescue and have two cats from there. I don't think I could let a foster go. I totally understand what you're saying, I'm just *such* a soft touch.

I hope you took a photo of the two cuties sleeping together on the same bed. :X