Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Im a newbie...

aluapaaluap Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Boy where do i start. first let me say i like this site and now beleives i went bout this all wrong..it started 2-3yrs ago with pain in right elbow then rigNSTEhoulder blade spasms,then right side neck pain. dr'd & dr'd only did blood work.they always came back normal.so they said fibromyalgia put me soma(cymbalta,which quit workin)so i popped advil and soma.then came amitryptiline.which still on anyways in jan i told dr. i want a mri of neck results came in she said i need a ns.cos i had disk herniationwith root nerving.so i see ns.. he says surgery or risk paralysis.scared as i was and still am.cos im pos op now on 5th day..Im in pain..have feelings in feet that i didnt notice i didnt have..but shoulders hurt and of course cant move neck.feel like MS FRANKENSTEIN..wish i would have done more research on the matter.hoping this surgery works.nice to meet ya'll

• Hi and welcome,

Sorry for your pains but you have come to the right place. Surgery is really a personal decision though I admit I wish I found this site before my 1st surgery. I was in an 'urgent' situation though so I believe even if I found it, I would have made the same decision.

we have several "neckies" on here.
    What levels were causing the problem?
    What surgery did you have?

I bet that would help others in similar situation give you what they felt like 5-days post op. My guess is they felt a lot like you. They will help ease your mind on your recovery and give you tips on how to manage the pain.

• Welcome! Glad to meet you. As DNice said you came to right place. You will find the greatest people on here willing to help. I am sorry you in pain. I wish I could help relieve you pain.

• We have similiar stories. For 2 years I was told I had fibromyalgia. Then things got worse, lost use of hand, falling, etc. Had an MRI and neck was a mess. Anyways, now there are days where I forget I even had a cervical fusion. Do they have you on any nerve pain meds such as Lyrica? I found that very helpful.

Best wishes,