Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lots of Reading/1st Post

jorebjjoreb Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in New Member Introductions
Hey everyone. I've been reading this board now for a little over 2 months and thought it was time to join and post.

I'm post op 3 months on my l5/s1 discectomy. I have completed pt and have continued my exercises at home but am still having a stabbing pain in my left buttock.

I'm trying to be patient and stay positive but some days I just feel like crying. It just seems that this pain is just constant.

Anyway enough of my complaining just wanted to say hello.

• Welcome to Spine-Health. You'll find a lot of great information on this site and the members of the forum are very knowledgeable, friendly and supportive.

I'm sorry you're still having pain, but since you've been reading here, I'm sure you know that spine surgery recovery is a long road. We all have had to learn a lot of patience, all the way from finding a surgeon/doc we're confident in to dealing with the long recovery of surgery.

You'll find a lot of members that are going through what you're going through so we understand what it's like. Being able to post here is so valuable because we all sympathize with what you're feeling, emotionally and physically, while those around you might have a difficult time understanding what you're going through.

Take care, Joel, and it's nice to have you here.
  • :H Welcome As Cath111 said it will take a long time to heal. So be patience But if it last longer then you think get a hold of you DR and talk about it.

• Thank you for the kind words and yes you are correct in saying that this ordeal has required me to be patient. However, being patient does not really play to my personal strengths.

Looking at all that you have been through I feel like a big baby for even griping about my lot in life at this time.

Thanks again for saying such nice and encouraging things.

• You've just broken one of the Spine-Health forum rules: comparing your spine problems with the problems of someone else. (FYI, it's an informal rule, but a good one.)

We all try not to compare ourselves with someone else because all of us are in the same spine ocean. Different boats, maybe, but we're all spineys, nevertheless.

I'd venture to say that 99.9% of us never considered patience one of our strengths, either, but sometimes there's just no choice. That's when it's a relief to be a part of Spine-Health. We all help each other.

And, like Jim said, if you start getting concerned about continued pain, don't hesitate to call your surgeon. I know that nerve pain can take a lot of time to heal, but it never hurts to make that call.

• Sorry Cath. I was unaware of the rule and won't do it again. I understand the rule and the need of it as well.

I'm still learning my way around here.

Thanks for the info.