Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Mobic Drug Use

darbymai59ddarbymai59 Posts: 55
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
Hi all,
I went to PM doctor yesterday for sciatica pain and got an injection at L5. He also prescribed Mobic for the arthritis in my back. He said my spine is tight and full of arthritis. Has anyone here had any experience with this drug?

• Mobic is an anti-inflammatory and is commonly given to patients with arthritis for pain and inflammation. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication similar to Celebrex. Some people complain about gastrointestinal problems when on it, such as nausea and diarrhia...but I think most people handle it quite well.
  • Mobic is a very good NSAID Drug Family = Oxicam Derivatine which became very popular when the Cox 2 Inhibitor Vioxx was pulled.

Celebrex is a Cox 2 Inhibitor and many find it far superior to Mobic. Drug Family = COXII Inhibitors

I find Mobic to be effective but much harsher on my stomach than Celebrex. I have been on Celebrex for several years and find it to be very effective with few if any side effects.

I recommend taking Mobic with food or milk to minimize the potential for heartburn.

Let us know in a few weeks if it helps and how well you adjust to it.

• it worked well for awhile, but then stopped being effective in less than 6 months. Now, I'm taking Celebrex and have few side effects and it helps my arthritis much better. Unfortunately, there's no generic available.
  • I've been on Mobic for almost two years now and it seems to work well for me. Prior to using mobic I was using Ibprofen and had to take it three times a day, now I only have to take the Mobic once a day.

I always take it with food, if I forget to eat I always notice my stomach gets upset. I hope it works well for you.
  • i have pspriatic arthritis and they tried mobic first it realy did nothing for me except made me have to take prilosec to help the stomack. I took it for about a month with no decrease in inflamation or pain hope it works better for you.
  • Thanks for all of your replys. I have had mild nausea and heartburn. I make sure I eat breakfast (bowl of cereal with milk) before I take it. I tried to take it at bedtime but it caused too much heartburn to go to sleep. I am hoping that my system gets use to it and the side effects will disapear. I read it takes about 2 weeks before you might feel any effects of it working. I'll keep you posted. I return to PM on April 14th so he can see if I am tolerating it.
  • I went back to PM on April 14th and we decided that I am now tolerating the Mobic but I'm not sure just how good it is working. He has referred me to a rheumatologist for the arthritis in my back. I also have arthritis in several other joints. I've had both thumbs CMC arthroplasty due to OA. I also have it at the base of my big toe. My appointment is April 30th.
    Can anyone give me any ideas what this doctor might do for me.

• I tried mobic, but it made me nausous and gave me diahrrea and knocked me for a loop so now I just take aleve and 100 mg of neurontin at night plus some natural things.

sue in ohio
This discussion has been closed.