Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Spiney

sandra-ssandra- Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi Everyone,

I am signing up here because I have to have surgery for a herniated disc L5-S1, L4 is also herniated, but not, apparently causing concern. I have been in pain since July of last year... and couldn't take it anymore. I am scheduled for microdiscectomy (sp!) surgery on April 15th... and am hoping that will be the ONLY surgery I have to have for my back....

• and welcome!
    Be sure to check out the post op must haves in the surgery forum, it has a list of everything you may need post surgery.
    There are lots of wonderful people here to help, listen and make suggestions, so don't be afraid to ask for help.
    Good luck with your surgery and let us know how you're going.
  • If you have any specific questions, post them on the Back surgery and Neck surgery section of the forum. Many people have had similar surgeries and will be happy to share their experiences.

Be sure you give yourself sufficient time to recover and are very careful for the first six weeks after surgery if you hope to avoid having any further surgery. Some surgeons are a tad cavalier in telling their patients how quickly they can return to their normal activities. I think it pays to err on the side of caution as sometimes it takes very little to reherniate!!
  • :H Welcome I can't add any more then Kylie and gwennie17 said. Just wanted to welcome you

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. good luck with your upcoming surgery. be sure and drop by anytime you feel the need. Jenny :)
  • Hi Sandra - just wanted to add my Welcome! You'll find this a friendly, informative place to hang out. Jump right in and post. We'll be thinking of you when you have your surgery and hope you can get online to let us know how you're doing post-op. :) Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Hi, sandra. My name is Mandy, I am new too. So far I have been amazed by the support & knowledge here, not to mention the compassion and overall positive feel of this site. I hope you find it as welcoming & helpful as I have, and that it helps you deal with your surgery. I understand living in pain & what it does to yu - I have aged 10 years in 2! I'm trying to put off surgery- misery loves company so feel free to PM me anytime! best luck to you!