Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 week post op appt

tonyanwisconsinttonyanwisconsin Posts: 189
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
So I know I didn't mention it before but while I was in the hospital I was sent to the neuro ICU for respiratory complications. They finally transferred me back to the regular neurosurgical floor. During my transfer on a slide board a CNA pushed my back really hard right on my new surgical site. I screamed very loudly and she apologized. I was crying and so out of it. I reported it to my nurse and the surgeon. Well during my post op appt today I reported having a lot of left leg pain. All the way to my foot. I can't sleep more than 3 or 4 hours at a time because of it. It is nerve pain for sure. He was not happy to hear that and ordered a stat xray. He said he "thinks" everything looks okay but if it isn't better by my next appt he wants a CAT scan. He is worried that when that girl pushed my back she moved the spacer he put in during surgery. He gave my the # of the floor manager at the hospital so I can file a report. OMG. If I have to have surgery again because of that I am gonna lose it. Of course my husband is like we are getting an attorney if that happens!!. Please keep me in your prayers. Other than that the appt went ok. It was 1 1\2 hrs long and I was sweating and miserable by the time I got home. My bed was calling. He also ordered therapy 3X a week.

• Ouch...you are one tough cookie to have not complained until your 2-week post op.

I will pray that everything is ok.
    Accidents happen but I'm surprised she didn't let the surgeon know before having you released. I guess the outcome may have been the same...X-ray, monitor, CAT scan if it didn't get better but OUCH.

I really hope things improve and your pain isn't from this. Keep us updated.

How is everything else going with recovery?
  • Tonya I can't even express words to explain how I feel about this. I hope and pray that it is just the pain from surgery and nothing else.Did you have any pain in the L leg to start with? I have noticed now some L leg pain mainly in my butt but nothing like the sciatia I had in the r leg. they told me I could expect different nerve sensations through this healing. Did they use bone marrow or bone graft for you??Will keep praying for our sppedy recovery. Lynette