Wow. I can honestly say I don't want to do that again. Anyhow, I have been having new problems with my lower back and legs since my fusion in August. Since I have had 2 fusions up in my neck, my neuro decided to play it safe and get full scans of cervical and lumbar spines with and without contrast as well as extension x-rays (is that right?). Anyway, I got them back today and thought I'd post the results. I'm hoping we have some people on here who understand all the terminology and can inform me in normal people terms what I'm looking at here.
1. Relative spinal stenosis is present at L4 - L5 with broad based disk protrusion impinging on the anterior dural sac and both neural foramina, right greater than left.
2. Central disk bulge or protrusion L5-S1. (Can I have a disk bulge when I've had a fusion at L5-S1?)
3. Status post status post anterior fusion L4-S1.
1. Stable anterior fusion L4-L5 and L5-S1.
2. Osteoarthritis posterior zygapophyseal joints L3-S1.
3. Mild disk space narrowing at L3-L4.
4. Otherwise normal lumbar sacral spine.
1. Status post fusion C4-C5, and C6-C7.
2. Disk protrusion at C3-C4, and C6-C7.
3. Disk protrusion at C3-C4 and C5-C6 levels with impingement on the anterior dural sac, anterior spinal cord, and impingement on both neural foramina.
Anyhow, this is what came up new. I have a lot of pain in my neck and shoulders but it is controllable. I have a lot of pain in my lower back right in the center about the belt line. I'm losing feeling in my legs on the outsides of both down the calves and the outsides of both feet. My 7 year old daughter was playing 1 night and just hit me right square in the back about belt high and I literlly dropped like a bag of rocks. I didn't feel anything from the waist down for about 15 seconds and it scared the crap out of me. Nothing new since other than the legs are getting very weak again and I'm having trouble walking, standing, and sitting for any length of time. It just feels like something isn't right. I'm sure many of you understand that statement. I went in to the doc and got the scans. Is there anything there overly worrisome?