Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Got my Report to take to get 2nd opinion

justwondering2010jjustwondering2010 Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
So I picked it up today and heres what it says.

There is flattening and mild reversal of the cervical lordosis. There is generalized desiccation of the cervical discs.

There is a broad based protrusion of the C4 disc with cord compression and secondary central canal stenosis. Subtle cord signal changes are present at this level suggesting edema, disc protrusion does extend below the C4 disc opposite the superior end plate of C4.

there are small broad based protrusion of the C5 & C6 discs.

1. Dehydration, Cervical Discs.

2. Flattening and reversal of the cervical ap curve.

3. Significant broad based protrusion, C4 disc with cord compression, edema and secondary spinal stenosis.

4. mild broad based protrusions of the c5 & c6 discs.

• I don't have a clue as to what any of this means? has anyone else had any of this? I don't go to see the neurosurgeon til the 30th.
  • Justwondering,

One thing we don't do here is interpret MRI's. There are so many Radiologist using different terms to describe different findings on films. But you can still educate yourself on your condition. Use the search feature at the top of the page and put in things like cervical stenosis, herniated disc cervical spine. Those searches will take you to some excellent articles that are doctor written and per-reviewed. Each search you do will also put up even more links, so be sure to follow them all. Also review the video on cervical radiculopathy and see if what your experiencing fits in of the pain patterns you are having given you know the disc that are worse. It appears the most of your symptoms should becoming off the c4-c5 area, but that doesn't mean the other level isn't causing issues. Typically anyone after the age of 25 will show something on MRI imaging. Many people have protruding or bulging disc and don't even know it as they are non symptomatic. You can also google a cervical dermatone map and see if any of your symptoms relate to those areas. Reversal of the curve means your neck normal takes on the normal curve that it should have often seen with neck injuries. Also use the FAQ section at the top of the page and look at the list of 38 questions to ask a spinal surgeon. The list is pretty detailed and should help you a lot. You need to be prepared when you meet the surgeon and have all your questions ready to ask him/her. While looking at the list of questions you may also come up with more or throw some out that don't apply in your situation. Take care and keep us posted. If you have any questions don't hesitate to pm me.