Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I think it's important to give your medical history

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I wasn't sure where to post this. About a year ago I started a thread on signature lines. In chronic pain. there was a lot of interesting feed back. Some pro Some con. And some with better ideas.
The better idea was that it is important to have your medical history, if it is brief, in your signature line. Or if it is lengthy, in your profile. And ad for medical history click my user name. Or see my medical history in my profile under your signature line.
There are so many of us. That it's impossible to remember even the short ones.And the long ones, I'm lucky to remember my own! And if you've been away from the forums for a few weeks, or a few months. It's even harder. Or if an old timer stops in once a week or so forget it!
There have been many times that I would comment, or give advice, or just encouragement to someones post. But if I don't have any idea what their problem is, And what there past problems have been, etc., etc., I usually just move on to some one I know or someone who has their information somewhere for me to see. I'm not very computer savvy and didn't know how to do that. But there are plenty of people here to offer help. And they did.
It just makes it easier for people to respond to you!
Just a suggestion, Jim :?
Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    It is so very important for members, especially new members to include their medical history. Now instead of repeating each time in a post, they should use their Account Profile to add their medical history. This way, any time some one clicks on your member name, they will see your medical information.

The more you can provide, the better understanding everyone else will have.

Try to include:

- Medical situation, when it started
    - Results of any diagnostic tests
    - Surgeries, if yes, specific which kind and where(spinal)
    - Treatments ( Physical Therapy, Tens Unit, ESI, etc)
    - Medication list

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com