Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

omg home from hospital

starsinhereyessstarsinhereyes Posts: 583
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Chronic Pain
hi spineys
update just came home from hospital..my doc set up epadural blood patch...what a horrid procedure...
but when he shot my blood in and took needle out...spinal headache the pressure and neck pain poof was gone that fast..
however i was lucky cause the anestisoligist said not always easy to hit the spot due to past fusion in lumbar
back is very much increased pain if that is possible for me..
been really rough few days since myelogram..test itself not so bad but if you are the small percent that gets the spinal headache after omg horrible pressure in head and the neck pain..
i was lucky to have good spine doc to call and arrange a doc -anestia doc to be there so save me all day of waiting in er...
thanks to all who been reading and listen to me rant for my pity party
hugs to you all
and keep going hang on...
neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
daily goal do good thing for someone.

• take care and dont over do anything !!
  • I'm glad you're home and that your neck and head are feeling better. Thank goodness you were saved from having to deal with the whole ER crud.

Take care of yourself and rest, rest, rest. Keep us updated.
  • I'm glad you're headache is gone now and you're back home. Take it easy and hope you get some relief soon from your back pain. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I had the same thing happen after my myleogram! It was a very intense pain for sure, I head felt like someone was shaking my brain, not that i have ever had that done :-) lol but it sounds like it would hurt. I felt like a new person after the blood patch. Like you said, poof it was gone. Rest a lot though so it has time to heal properly.

Did they advise 24 hrs bed rest after the blood patch? That is what they told me to do, only get up to go to the bathroom.

Good luck and take care. I know how miserable I was and am glad they got you all patched up.
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    I am sorry to hear you had to go through the procedure, but glad it did the trick and you have now got rid of that awful headache you have had for past 2 days.
    Chat soon

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I know how you feel. Had the same thing happen. The docs like to tell you it is rare. The nurse told me it happens more often than they want to admit.

It's amazing the feeling of the blood patch hitting the spot and that freight train just disappears.

The whole test sucked. It hurt even doing the test. A couple of days later I was just fine. No lingering problems with back pain because of the test. I actually felt less back pain for about a month.
  • Hope you are feeling much better this evening. Please make sure you lay low tomorrow. Kids and hubby should take care of you this Sunday.

Best wishes,

• I am glad every thing went good for you.

This discussion has been closed.