Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

need help with a question

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Spinal Injections
Hi I just had my 7th steroid injection two weeks ago, went to my pm today for follow up,The injection has taken away all my leg pain and I feel like a human again but also I know it wont last long . my injections wear off pretty fast.so I asked my pm what will I do when this one wears off and he said he couldnt give me anymore shots, has anyone else been in this situation? I just dont think I can stand that severe pain again..I wonder if the next step will be back to the surgeon..

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
    Are you sure it was steroid? To the best of my knowledge, you can only have 3 per yr. My P.M. Dr. used to give me 4. But he said that was only because he knew right where to put it and he didn't use as much. It's very hard on liver and kidneys. Do you get a blood panel workup?
    Good luck, Jim :?
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • yes it was steroids because he told me in his office today that he was already over the limit, they havent done any kind of blood work.My tummy always feels bloated so bad I cant eat..
  • WOW I have never heard of a Dr doing more than 3-4 ESI's in a year. No wonder you are bloated. I would have killed someone by the 5th or 6th. I would go straight to your PC and ask for a blood work up. This Dr could be seriously harming you with that many injections. 2 is my personal limit. If they don't work or don't last, what's the point?

Best Wishes,
  • Maybe it is time to have a heart to heart with a well qualified NS/OS? I see you have majot spinal issues getting some different opinions would be a great place to start.

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
    If that's 7 in a 12 mo. period. You not only need blood work. You may want to consider a new Dr.!
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • I knew that was to many , but I got a little bit of time that I felt better so I guess I was just hoping that it would last..My primary care doc sent me to a ns last fall and I swear he treated me so bad I am afraid to try and search again, he yelled at me and said he wasnt a second opinion doctor and I just gave up after that..I am so scared now, waiting on the return of the pain.Thank you all for making me see the light..
  • hi kg
    no way any doc should give ya more than 3..pls get a new doc.and not ever should a doc yell at you..
    i had a doc get high n mighty with me and glad i had a witness...i report him asap..
    it took me along time to find a neuro and rheumo who would listen to me..
    i have a wonderful spine doc also but as of yet cant find full sorse of lower back and leg issues so the search cont..
    when finding a new doc treat is as you are interviewing them for a job position..i go in ask alot of ?? if they are not willing to listen to you head for the door..
    i wish you luck but as most have said more than 3 doc is not looking out for you ..i had one pm tell me she could do up to 6 when i ?her on it she became upset..another one i fired
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • I am looking and its hard you dont who to trust or what to do, the doctor that done my surgery is my pm partner, imagine that a butcher shop more or less..I am so tired........... I trusted my pm and thought he cared but if he knew that he doesnt care..1800 dollars a pop easy money!