Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Who should I see about my back pain?

beyondbbeyond Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Lower Back Pain
I am a 20 y/o male. I've had some problems with my back since high-school, lifting more weight than I should have in weight-conditional class.

My back doesn't hurt really bad, but if I move it around I can feel where it hurts and if I stand for extended periods of time or if I am doing a lot of lifting then I can feel my back start to hurt more and more.

The problem is I want to join the Navy and I will need to be 100% all the time.

I'm not sure what's wrong or where, it's probably more lower back than upper, I've been to a chiropractor before and he said there was nothing too serious and did some massages and whatnot and gave me exercises to do. The thing is I don't see how doing a few excesses will fully heal my back.

Should I go see a physiatrist or someone else?
Thank you!


  • I would go to your Primary Dr, and let them know how long you've had pain and if you have any numbness anywhere else. Then the Dr. will assess you and possibly order tests. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Charry hit the nail on the head! Have your GP give you a good look over, and if needed, X-rays or MRI etc. to be sure you are okay. Some back pain can be adjusted by Chiropractor, some by rest, others...well there are issues that need more direct attention. You are young, so the "cards" are in your favor. Welcome to the site, and please ask your questions and we will try to help. Take care and welcome!!!

    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Register to comment.