Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Almost 8 weeks post op

scmgurusscmguru Posts: 103
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Just wanted to check in and update folks on my recovery..

My right leg is better for the most part, but my left leg and left part of my lower back is still a mess.

I'm still having the burning down my leg and am now waking up around 5 hours after I go to sleep in a lot of pain.

Specifically, the area left of center and slighly below the incision area (facet join area maybe?)

In any event.. I've got about 4 weeks until my next Dr. visit and I'm pretty disheartened up to this point.

I'm hoping things will start shaping up soon..

I've got to start some PT ASAP and with any luck.. that should help things. (I hope)

I have been doing light stretching which seems to help the leg burning to some extent, but then causes paresthesia in my foot and seems to exacerbate my low left back pain..

The oddest thing is, I get burning hip pain, in the front, particularly on the left side.

Not sure what that is about, but it seems odd, since the sciatic nerve is in the back.

I've been staying away from pain meds like Oxy but have been forced to take it in order to sit down and get some work done.

Probably not the best idea, but the work won't wait and without it, I've got no insurance.

I know nerves heal slowly (from here), but some days I think, enough already.

Doc had me switch to Lyrica from Neurontin.. trying to figure out if it helps.. it seems like it makes me more sleepy than anything.

Will check back after I start PT.