Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain in feet

homedad777hhomedad777 Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hello all

I would like to know if anybody has had pain in there heels and in the arch of there feet. I had a micro D in oct. 09 and i have had nothing but problems since.

• I have pain in my feet, specifically on the side of my foot just below my little toe and in the heels. I also have a feeling like my feet are in a bucket of ice and they ache all over at times.
    Is it both feet or just one? Are you sure it's nerve pain or could it be an actual problem with your feet?
    What level was the MicroD?
    Anyway just wanted to stop in and say welcome, i'm sure others will come along shortly with some better insight.
  • Hi, I had problems with plantar fascitis in my feet before I had back surgery.. I can tell you that post L5S1 fusion surgery it continued. It was not until I received a nerve/caudal block in my upper tailbone region that the pain in my feet reduced by as much as 80%. All that to say that there is definitely a correlation. I thought the plantar situation was totally separate from my back issues and it turns out they were inter-related.

I wish you the best.
  • Im sure its nerve pain because i have been to a foot Dr. It is both heels but only one arch my micro d was L5/S1 the foot pain didn't start untill 3 months after surgery.
  • When I herniated L5-S1, I lost a lot of feeling/strength in my left buttocks, back thigh, heel to outer toe.

I had a MicroD in Aug'09 and a revision in Feb'10. I do get sharp stabbing pains in my arches from time to time but I have been assuming that's the nerve triggering. Is it nerve pain or pins & needles?

Heel and arch pain does sound like Plantar's Fasciitus which I had before my surgery and it's seemed to go away after surgery. OF course I don't run anymore so I suspect that might be why.

is the pain worse in the morning or after you've been sittin for a bit? Typically plantar's fasciitus will really hurt when you first get up. It's almost easier to walk on tip toes until your foot warms up.

It could be that you are compensating from the surgery. Are you doing PT? If so, can you ask the PT about it?
  • My pain comes and goes but doesn't leave for to long and it is all day up untill i finally goto sleep. I am in pt 6 weeks now with no help for feet or lower back im going for a second oppion to find out whats going on.
This discussion has been closed.