Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question about thoracic And Fracture

Mindymork62MMindymork62 Posts: 207
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I think I posted in the wrong place yesterday, so I'll do it again.
I already had a Kyphoplasty on a fracture of my T12 in January.The following was on an MRI that I had about 6 weeks after the procedure.
"There is a mild superior end plate flattening and a Schmorl's Node atT10. A portion of the superior end plate at T12 does push posterior into the fecal canal, and does appear to be anterior surface cord contact.Central canal is difficult to measure but is aprox. 9mm AP. " I have been off work for 3 months and still have allot of pain in my back including the right and left mid back. I'm going to a new Neurosurgeon the 7th of April. Can any of what I have mentioned from the MRI be causing the pain I am still having?
I also have allot of pain in my lower back with disk bulges at L1/2, L2/3, L3/4, and L4/5, with disc protrusions in at least 2 disc. Thank you for any help you can give.

• Probably yes. The doctor should be able to trace out the nerves that are affected. I would think cord contact is not a good thing no matter what. That is just a hard area to get to which might explain why they haven't said anything about it. I have found that doctors ignor what they can't fix - lol

Between now and your appointment you should keep a log of your pain. Time of day, what you are doing and where it hurts exactly. What hurts is more important that what the tests show. As my momma always said "if it ain't broke don't fix it"